Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and Productivity

Woke up at two. Called my mom. Call was dropped. Reminded John to call his mom. Mom called me back. Get reprimanded for calling so late. Admitted to being a lazy slob who can't be arsed to wake up earlier than one on a Sunday. Was admonished to call my grandmothers, something I was already planing on doing.

Head to my apartment. Call my grandma. Get voicemail. Leave a message. Sit down at my computer. Check email. Take a shower. Sit back down at computer. Check my webcomics of choice. Check Facebook. Read some blogs. Chastise myself for not getting work done and generally wasting my weekend. Start Spanish homework. Finish corrections for the midterm and the previous composition. Start on Spanish paper about La Navidad Pasada.

Write the longest first paragraph in Spanish ever...that I have written. Meander off to look at comics on Deviant Art. Check email. Talk to a friend on Facebook. Have a nervous break down over my financial situation as usual. Get Coldstone ice cream with John.

Spend an hour reading comics on the woes of being Luigi. As in Mario's brother. Discover a Star Wars comic that parodies the first ever Peanuts strip, a strip I have seen ten million times thanks to the power of Gluck.

Curse at myself for being such a lazy piece of shit. Finish Spanish paper. Dick around on the internet a bit. Put every Pearl Jam song I own on shuffle repeat and remove myself from my computer. Rewrite the first page of my hipster story to make it coherent. Get to the point where I stopped confusing the names of the two boys in the story and sit down to start typing.

Get a call from John asking if I want food. Answer yes. Food has been lacking after all. Type. Type. Type. John tells me food will be ready in eight minutes. Type. Type. Type. Food is ready. I will be over shortly. Type. Type. Save. Type. Run over to John's apartment. Eat while watching American Pickers. Play some Pokemon red.

Convince myself to play a "quick" game of League of Legends. "I'll run back home and type for an hour after. The game won't last more than forty minutes."

Game goes for an hour five. Fuck. John asks if he can play a ladder game of LoL in two hours time. I give my blessing and run back to my apartment to type like a fiend. Do this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment